Beaumont, AB checking in

New to Canadian Homebrewers? Tell us a little about yourself and your homebrewing setup!
Sully and Boo
Favourite Beer: IPA

Beaumont, AB checking in

Post by Sully and Boo »

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening from Beaumont, AB.

I'm Darryl, been brewing for about 3 years. Started with about 4 extract brews but knew I quickly wanted to join the all grain club. Just as I was about to switch and decide what other equipment I needed to purchase I caught a glimpse of RoboBrew videos on YouTube and thought that it was the next thng in brewing so I may as well jump ahead on this bandwagon. I don't regret it but part of me thinks I skipped a step in learning the how to brew basics.

Regardless, I've been brewing and adding to my set up constantly. Around the same time I moved to all grain I moved to kegging and purchased a small 70's style fridge and had one Perlick tap. Of course, one wasn't enough. However, as we all learn from our mistakes while screwing in the 2 way regulator inside the fridge I heard a Pssst. Time for a new fridge Hahaha. I now have a fridge that will allow for 4 kegs.

Current setup:

RoboBrew, Fermzilla (Just got it so currently unused but want to try pressure fermenting), 2 tap kegerator. Currently on tap Tropical Whale Tale Pale Ale and a Blueberry Wheat Ale which is almost kicked.

Favourite styles: IPA, NEIPA, Wheat beer.

Hope to learn a lot from years of experience on this forum, so I tip my hat and keep my mouth closed. ;)

Sully

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Re: Beaumont, AB checking in

Post by Reignman »

Welcome!

XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post by XXXXX »

Howdy Darryl! Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a good setup there. Curious to hear how the fermzilla works for you!

Cheers
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

Sully and Boo
Favourite Beer: IPA

Post by Sully and Boo »

XXXXX wrote:
|29 Jul 2020|, 11:33

Sounds like you have a good setup there. Curious to hear how the fermzilla works for you!
I will try and remember to take some photos along the way. I'm excited to see the fermentation happening as I previously used a white pail.

XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post by XXXXX »

Sully and Boo wrote:
|29 Jul 2020|, 17:58
XXXXX wrote:
|29 Jul 2020|, 11:33

I will try and remember to take some photos along the way. I'm excited to see the fermentation happening as I previously used a white pail.
Cool! That'd be great, thanks :)
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Post by brhenrio »

Welcome!
In the fermentor: Golden Sour, Not a Pill v2
Tap 1: Puck that Filsner; Berliner Weisse
Tap 2: Not a Pill; Lager
Tap 3: Paddockwood Kolsch
Tap 4: