What's everyone brewing?

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
jeffsmith

What's everyone brewing?

Post by jeffsmith » 7 years ago

Thought it might be interesting to see what everyone is brewing on sort of an ongoing basis. So if you're brewing this week/weekend/whatever, what recipe/style?

I brewed this past weekend and made an IPA bittered with Millennium and flavour/aroma from Cascade. Fermented with Wyeast 1056.
The Brewnosers

Fermenting: Lion & Lamb IIPA (WLP051), Strongbad Bitter (US-05)
On tap: Cardinal Sin India Red Ale, Count Chocula Chocolate Milk Stout, Lion & Lamb IIPA (WLP001), Strongbad Bitter (S-04)

B&SCUSTOMEQUIPMENT
Favourite Beer: Mine

Re: What's everyone brewing?

Post by B&SCUSTOMEQUIPMENT » 7 years ago

Hey Jeff

I brewed an american pilsner last night, using Fermentis Saflager W34-70. Checked on it this moring in the fermeting fridge its bubbling away!

I drank a bunch of a wee heavy scotch ale, feeling the aftermath today I'll tell ya.

Cheers!

Scott

ihomebrewing

Post by ihomebrewing » 7 years ago

I just kegged an American Amber Ale, which has Magnum, Cascade, and Centennial. I used a harvested Fermentis US-05 culture. Tasted perfect out of primary. I will probably rack one keg off via product jumper line w. CO2 pressure, and just carbonate the other keg to see if there is a difference when racking.

Sixstring78

Post by Sixstring78 » 7 years ago

B&SCUSTOMEQUIPMENT wrote:Hey Jeff

I drank a bunch of a wee heavy scotch ale, feeling the aftermath today I'll tell ya.
You wouldn't by any chance have been drinking Under The Kilt now would you?
Colchester Village Brewery
"Canada's Most Southern Brewery"

Sixstring78

Post by Sixstring78 » 7 years ago

I'm going to try and brew up IHB's Steam Beer this weekend and keg my Light Ale.
Colchester Village Brewery
"Canada's Most Southern Brewery"

jeffsmith

B&SCUSTOMEQUIPMENT wrote:I drank a bunch of a wee heavy scotch ale, feeling the aftermath today I'll tell ya.
I bet—some of the wee heavies can be very much on the heavy side of things. Hope the head feels better soon!
The Brewnosers

On tap: Cardinal Sin India Red Ale, Count Chocula Chocolate Milk Stout, Lion & Lamb IIPA (WLP001), Strongbad Bitter (S-04)

B&SCUSTOMEQUIPMENT

Sixstring78 wrote:You wouldn't by any chance have been drinking Under The Kilt now would you?
I liked the Dragon Mead's Under the Kilt so much I researched and created my own recipe of the style.
jeffsmith wrote:I bet—some of the wee heavies can be very much on the heavy side of things. Hope the head feels better soon!
The abv ended up at 8% it is certainly high octane. Lots of water going to bed early tonight lol. Wee Heavy is not a session beer!

Cheers!

Scott

B&SCUSTOMEQUIPMENT

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone! Anyone have plans to brew? I am thinking of brewing early Monday morning considering an IPA.

Cheers!

Scott

jeffsmith

I was considering brewing a CDA this weekend, but between family/friend gatherings, getting our pool shut down for the winter, and everything else I need to get done before the freeze I think it's in my best interest to put brewing aside, especially since we already had a few inches of snow earlier in the week.
The Brewnosers

B&SCUSTOMEQUIPMENT

I am not looking forward to the "freeze" fortunately here in Windsor it is still sunny tshirt weather. I have been brewing alot in the last few weeks in preparation for winter. All the best to all this holiday weekend!

Cheers

Scott