Bottle Labels

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
Microbrewology
Favourite Beer: Saison

Bottle Labels

Post by Microbrewology » 7 months ago

Hey folks,

I've only just gotten started brewing at home, but I've started to produce beers that I'm happy to share beyond my closest friends and parents. If I'm going to be giving bottles of beer to other folks, it doesn't make sense to explain my cap labeling scheme, it seems far easier and more fun to make and stick on labels. I was kind of hoping to find a service (at staples perhaps) where I can send them an image to get printed on a sticker or something of that nature (saves my ink cartridges). Was curious what other folks do.

Thanks for your input!

Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Re: Bottle Labels

Post by Mr_Tastyfish » 7 months ago

Masking tape and a sharpie? :cool:

Microbrewology

I see what your going for there! I was hoping for something a mite fancier! ;)

ECH
Favourite Beer: IPA
Location: Hanwell, New Brunswick (just outside of Fredericton)

Post by ECH » 7 months ago

Check out this place.

https://www.beerlabelizer.com/

They have a number of free ones, but can pay for some of the non free ones (like $10 for a lifetime membership). Can add your parameters for the beer, some labels you can add a picture to, and the colors can be manipulated. Download as a jpg.

While they are intended for bottle labels, I don't bother as that means I have to take the labels back off for the next batch, but do use them as a picture for the beer on Untappd. What I do label is the cap, as I have a Brother Label Printer, and the 24mm round labels are perfect. I can add the brewery name and bottling date around the outside edge, and then the name in the middle.

Some of the labels I have made for place holders on Untappd.

Microbrewology

Ah that is super cool! Thanks for sharing.

hawkbox

Post by hawkbox » 7 months ago

Never thought of a label printer for labels. That could work. I was looking online for some reusable keg labels as my masking tape and sharpie solution is effective but inelegant.

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Post by Warthaug » 7 months ago

Another option is some presentation software (open office impress = free, powerpoint if you already have MS office), images from google image search and some text - print for $0.24 for a page of 3-6 labels at staples in full colour. Works well for me - when I can be bothered to make labels:

Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!