UCM Closed

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

UCM Closed

Post by Reignman »

United Canada Malt has closed their Peterborough warehouse for good. The manager told me last fall that they may close down since they no longer make extracts in town since they sold their old building. I do have a couple of options to buy grains, but nothing locally.

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Re: UCM Closed

Post by Warthaug »

Are you part of a brewing club? If so, it may be possible to coordinate with another distributor for a bulk buy. My brew club (London Homebrewers) coordinates with a local craft brewery for our bulk orders - e.g. our order gets added onto the brewery's order.
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Post by Reignman »

No. There is a Facebook group with meetings at area breweries, but no mention of a group bulk buy. The only option for me is to join the GTA brewers for their hop and grain buys. For now I will buy a sack of 2 row from Brewers Pantry in Bomanville.

Dave
Favourite Beer: mine

Post by Dave »

I know of 2 bakery supply warehouses that will sell to home brewers at a good price.
Grain Process Enterprises Ltd in Scarborough, and
https://www.traynors.ca/ in Hamilton.

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Post by Warthaug »

I think Peterborough has a group - they may be closer than Toronto
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!