Beer Making Software

Just starting out? Find answers to commonly asked homebrewing questions here!
Canuck
Favourite Beer: All of them

Re: Beer Making Software

Post by Canuck » 3 years ago

Tom wrote:Hi I download Beertarget and BrewersFriend software.

I put in a recipe I got online. The IBUs and Abv are different from the online recipe. Both softwares come up with different numbers. Does anyone know a good free software for home brewing. I am most happy with beertarget so far. I would hope it has reliable numbers.

:cheers:
A late response to this thread, but take note if the AA% for the hops in your recipe are both the same in each software. If both software programs use a different AA% for the hops in your recipe, the IBUs will not be the same. You'll also need to do a final adjustment in software based on the actual AA% of the hops that you actually have. :)

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Bitters

Post by Reignman » 3 years ago

I have 2 different AA% of german magnum hops and have to adjust them in my software all the time. Maybe buy in bulk?

Caldwell Brewery
Favourite Beer: Budwieser

Post by Caldwell Brewery » 2 years ago

Tom wrote:I was looking for a download of this BIAB but couldnt find it. I am interested in making a beer with 6 abv and ibu of about 35 to 45. Know any good recipes?

Anyone ever buy from OntarioBeerKegs.com

:cheers:
I have for 3 months now Extremely good and fast service i bought kegs , pots, pump , co2 tanks,equipment, = bought for over $ 4.000.00 there for my electric brewery .Cheers :cheers: