General chit chat forum that may or may not relate to homebrewing.
- Posts: 256
- Joined: |28 Mar 2012|, 01:17
- Favourite Beer: The one in hand
- Location: The Badlands, Alberta
So, what else does everyone do to kill time? I enjoy camping, fishing, woodworking and the biggest brewery budget killer of them all....audio equipment. Recently I decided to put my foot on the bottom rung of the high end stereo ladder, a Naim Nait 5Si. No brewing upgrades this year for me. Here's a few pics of my main system.
Top to bottom:
-Yaqin MS-23B tubed phono stage
-Archos 5 - 250GB hard drive for digital music
-Pioneer Elite surround reciever
-Thorens TD-150 MK-ii turntable. I built a custom walnut and cherry plinth for it 5 or so years ago.
-Naim Nait 5 Si integrated amplifier
-on the left -Totem Acoustics Arro - for 2 channel
-on the right - NHT ST4 - for multi-channel
Whitlock Brewing Co.
- Posts: 56
- Joined: |30 Mar 2015|, 12:46
- Favourite Beer: amber ale
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
wow that's another expensive hobby!
I love going outdoors and doing some DIY stuff too!
- Posts: 682
- Joined: |02 Oct 2011|, 20:42
- Favourite Beer: UK Bitter
- Location: Burlington Ontario
For me, at this time, other hobbies mainly include:
- trying to learn "clawhammer style" banjo playing,
- motorcycle touring
I also still enjoy tinkering in the garage with a restored/modified 1979 BMC Mini that I restored about 20 years ago! I used to enjoy restoring Brit sports cars, and although I dont really do it any more, still kept the Mini along with a good collection of tools, welding equipt. etc.
Save the whales ...................................... collect the whole set.
- Posts: 65
- Joined: |11 Mar 2015|, 15:11
- Favourite Beer: Pilsner
- Location: Woodstock Ontario
Hunting, ducks geese and turkeys. Working around the house during the summer by doing maintenance on the vehicles and house.
Beer, Beer, Beer, Bed, Bed, Bed
- Posts: 803
- Joined: |13 May 2012|, 11:36
- Favourite Beer: Bass Pale Ales
- Location: Barrie Ont CA
I can't write my absolute favorite hobbie as this is a family oriented forum, but
Canoe tripping is my next favorite to brewing
and cooking of course
- Posts: 456
- Joined: |08 Apr 2013|, 12:22
- Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer
- Location: Bowmanville, ON
Besides brewing, my hobbies/interests include hunting, fishing camping and canoeing, as well as gardening and playing guitar.
Oh, and hanging out here on the homebrew forum.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: |22 Apr 2015|, 16:56
- Favourite Beer: Smashbomb
Board games. My current collection is somewhere north of 200.
- Posts: 907
- Joined: |20 Dec 2012|, 22:14
- Favourite Beer: one I am drinking
- Location: Oro Medonte
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...
- Posts: 456
- Joined: |14 Jan 2014|, 23:05
- Favourite Beer: Mine
- Location: Goulais River, ON
My other favourite passtimes include hangin out with my 3 boys, skiing, ice fishing, fishing, doing anything around the yard at my house on the eastern shores of Lake Superior, and buliding and flying RC flying machines...
Some of my toys...