OntarioBeerKegs

Do you run or know of an online home brew supply shop? List it in this forum with a description of what they sell and where they are based.
OntarioBeerkegs

Re: OntarioBeerKegs

Post by OntarioBeerkegs » 7 years ago

Sorry it's freight in transit. We have no way to get our hands on the container until delivery. Hoping the container clears customs so can get on rail this week.
Canadian Homebrew Supplies
www.ontariobeerkegs.com
www.brewpump.com
1 855 KEG BEER

slarkman
Favourite Beer: All

Post by slarkman » 7 years ago

I have ordered from them twice in the past. The service has been excellent. From time of order to shipping has been around 4 days. very happy with the product and quick service.
Under The Stairs Brewing Co.
On Tap. Empty for now
Coming Up...
Malt Madness

OntarioBeerkegs

Update

Just a quick product update. We are going stainless crazy lately and have added most of our first round of stainless goods. This line is scheduled to double by the end of the year (Don't quote me nothing is ever on time!).

Pound bags of Hops have been added and we are going to have the proper Mylar size bags we need soon to offer a more batch friendly 2 OZ size package. We do not want to send this product out in plastic baggies.

We have another round of new parts coming next week to get those nitro systems up and running.

Our Beer Towers are now all Polished Stainless Steel. Although there is nothing wrong with Chrome plated we felt we wanted to move to a higher quality product that will last as long as customers do. These will not pit or chip and scratches can be buffed out.

Now for the really big news:

We would like to extend a super happy welcome to our new General Manager. Kyle Teichert. Mr Teichert will be joining us September 12th 2012. Kyle is an experienced brewer who has many awards under his belt. His experience and knowledge will help to support the launch of new projects as we work to diversify our products. Please take it easy on him if he answers a phone or email reply as he gets used to his new job.

Welcome aboard Kyle.
www.ontariobeerkegs.com
www.brewpump.com
1 855 KEG BEER

OntarioBeerkegs

We have a giveaway going on right now. Not many details but you do not want to miss out on your chance for something cool for nothing:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/wwwOntar ... 4438140278
www.ontariobeerkegs.com
www.brewpump.com
1 855 KEG BEER

generaltao
Favourite Beer: Stout - Guiness

Post by generaltao » 7 years ago

I like the new website look, Patrick! Keep up the good work!
Fermenting 1: Warthaug's Bad Santa
Fermenting 2: Sleeman Cream Ale Clone

Tap 1: Nothing
Tap 2: General Tao's Broo Verona Velvet - Chocolate Coffee Sweet Stout
Tap 3: Nothing

Planning: Vanilla Caramel Cream Ale Revisited Ressurection, Pucker Face Citrus IPA, Vanilla Bourbon Porter, Hard Cider, and many more.

General Tao's Broo Brewery

OntarioBeerkegs

All grain!

I can not take credit for the website design. Kyle has been vigorously trying to bring it up to date. Thank you very much for the comments I will ensure he sees them.

We just added 30 grains to the line up and hoping to have over double that by the end of the year. More hops are going to be coming all the time in the near future. AG kits will be coming online but are time consuming so will be staggered. And we have some well known craft breweries that are going to let us list some of the goodies they make as kits... Soon you will be able to compare your brew side by side to a pint of your favorite Micros!

Just a reminder we are looking for recipe contributions. Sure we can pull out our own recipe books and list some but hey! Lets have everyone join in on the fun and make it a truly Canadian website. Details can be found here:

http://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Articles.asp?ID=250

Or here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/wwwOntar ... 4438140278
www.ontariobeerkegs.com
www.brewpump.com
1 855 KEG BEER

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Bitters

Post by Reignman » 7 years ago

You are doing a fantastic job Patrick.

Reignman

g_brew
Favourite Beer: IPA

Post by g_brew » 7 years ago

i've often ordered from OBK..

last week i ordered 70 feet of high quality belvex beer line - Patrick sent me a whole 100ft roll, and it was delivered within 3 days of my order!!!

i'm beyond satisfied, and now my taps are dispensing REALLY well with this high quality line.
Go Brew Something!

andybeaton
Favourite Beer: depends on season

Post by andybeaton » 7 years ago

i have ordered kegs and keg parts from OBK and more recently bought a 15 gallon pot with a ball valve and a temperature gauge.

great deals and great service!

GuingesRock

Post by GuingesRock » 6 years ago

Hello, I too had great service from OntarioBeerKegs. My wife ordered a kettle for me from you and omitted to order a small part and you sent it out right away free of charge. Thanks!
May I ask some questions please? We went to town today, a rare experience, everywhere was jammed with the Black Friday sales, but I managed to get to a home brew store and saw some kegs and I was intrigued… “all that separates men and boys is the price of their toys”
I’m making 5 gallon batches of ale, and I was thinking of starting off with one or two kegs and maybe expanding as time went on, and could end up with more, each with different beers and in the basement. I thought of setting up with quick connect couplings for the CO2 line and the beer line (I don’t yet know the terminology) with a hand held tap on the beer line. That way I could hook up any of the kegs I wanted to easily depending on the beer that was required. Would that work and if it would, what would I need please, with links, if possible to the items on your site?
Next question is chilling when required. I don’t want to have a massive fridge with all the kegs in it, but we have a freezer in the basement that I could cool beer pitchers in (I think you can get double walled plastic ones with some kind of gel between the walls that stays cold and would cool the beer). Do you think it might work to dispense from the keg into something like that? Alternatively could I fill stainless steel water bottles from the keg (they have a decent seal on the lids) and put them in the fridge a few hours before they are required?
One final question please…would you know if I can use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize the kegs and the lines? I believe it is used in commercial brewing, but don’t know if it is used on a small scale. Hydrogen peroxide is nice to work with and degrades to oxygen and water only which obviously are harmless (I wouldn’t want it to oxidise the beer though). At the biochem lab where my wife works they have moved over to hydrogen peroxide for sterilizing for the same reasons.
Maybe you won’t have the time to respond, so if anyone would be able to help, please would you send me a pm. I didn’t start a thread as I’m sure this has been discussed before ad infinitum.
Thanks very much.