OntarioBeerKegs

Do you run or know of an online home brew supply shop? List it in this forum with a description of what they sell and where they are based.
christpuncher
Favourite Beer: Grolsh

Re: OntarioBeerKegs

Post by christpuncher » 6 years ago

Any coupon codes fore a first time buyer?

outscidr

Post by outscidr » 6 years ago

I was just checking out homebrew finds canada and saw OBK has White Labs Yeast for 5.99. I've seen it for 10.50 at my Local shop. 54 types. Looks like a deal.

Not sure if you have to use the link.
http://www.hbfca.com/?m=1

Cheers,
Chris

Canuck
Favourite Beer: All of them

Post by Canuck » 6 years ago

^ Starting March 1st, they are also selling ALL grains for 99 cents per pound. This will be a full time price as well.

DougEdey
Favourite Beer: Porter

Post by DougEdey » 6 years ago

Canuck wrote:^ Starting March 1st, they are also selling ALL grains for 99 cents per pound. This will be a full time price as well.
upto 20lbs total per order, if you go over 20lbs it's $1.49 for ALL grains in your order (not just the stuff over 20lb)

OntarioBeerkegs

Post by OntarioBeerkegs » 6 years ago

DougEdey wrote:
Canuck wrote:^ Starting March 1st, they are also selling ALL grains for 99 cents per pound. This will be a full time price as well.
upto 20lbs total per order, if you go over 20lbs it's $1.49 for ALL grains in your order (not just the stuff over 20lb)

That is correct. Our shipping calculator already pulls rates cheaper then actual rates we pay (subsidized by us). As any person with a Group buy sheet knows some grains do cost close to a buck a pound wholesale after landed. Before repackaging and so on... We had to limit the amount to save from a fast beating. Even the overage rate is better then current market prices in Canada for specialty grains.
Canadian Homebrew Supplies
www.ontariobeerkegs.com
www.brewpump.com
1 855 KEG BEER

kombat
Favourite Beer: Broadhead Wildcard

Post by kombat » 6 years ago

Sounds ideal to me. By keeping people from abusing the subsidized shipping rate, Patrick will be able to offer incredibly affordable prices on specialty grains. Far from seeing his policy as a problem, I think it's an innovative way to attract new customers and keep veterans coming back. I'm really excited about this promotion and hope Patrick is able to keep it going indefinitely.

These prices are obviously not meant for people looking to load up on base grains. That's what group buys run by local home brew clubs are for.

OBK seems to be making all the right moves, they've quickly become my first stop for shopping for an upcoming brew day.

Humulus
Favourite Beer: Alt

Post by Humulus » 6 years ago

Yesterday my shipment from Ontario Keg arrived; unfortunately there was a minor glitch, yet still upsetting to me. I emailed pictures to Ontario Keg about my problem, not really knowing what to expect. Within five minutes of hitting the send button my phone rang, it was Patrick from Ontario Keg, asking about the particulars and promising that he would make it right for me, which he did.
I am very much impressed by Patrick’s level of customer service, and wanted everyone to know this.
Man can make great wort, but yeast makes great beer!

Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour.
Teach a man to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Wingeezer
Favourite Beer: UK Bitter

Post by Wingeezer » 6 years ago

Humulus wrote:Yesterday my shipment from Ontario Keg arrived; unfortunately there was a minor glitch, yet still upsetting to me. I emailed pictures to Ontario Keg about my problem, not really knowing what to expect. Within five minutes of hitting the send button my phone rang, it was Patrick from Ontario Keg, asking about the particulars and promising that he would make it right for me, which he did.
I am very much impressed by Patrick’s level of customer service, and wanted everyone to know this.

I have had the same experience and for that reason am pleased to send OBK any future business I might have. Hope they prosper and continue to offer us such good service.

Brian.
Save the whales ...................................... collect the whole set.

ruf1
Favourite Beer: lots

Post by ruf1 » 6 years ago

all i can say about obk is------ start a store here in vancouver and pay me to run the store , then the folks of van can have the same expert service that you give to the people of ont. thats the kind of person i am and thats what i expect from the people i deal with ...cheers

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Bitters

Post by Reignman » 6 years ago

I usually buy yeast by the brick, but with liquid yeast being at very reasonable prices I am done buying it by the brick. I have always wanted to just go down the list of liquid yeast and try many different ones. Now I can. Thanks OBK.