Brew House Red Ale

Homebrewing with extract? Share your thoughts here!
MitchD73
Favourite Beer: IPA

Re: Brew House Red Ale

Post by MitchD73 » 6 years ago

Festa brew kits are amazingly good. I especially love their Brown Ale kits. They are 6 gallons of wort; so no top up needed at all.

Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Post by Mr_Tastyfish » 6 years ago

I'm sure that kits like this one, and the festa brew kits give great results (based on what I've read here and elsewhere) but I just think that having someone else brew up the wort and bag it for me takes a lot of the fun out of home brewing. It becomes home fermenting, with no actual "brewing" taking place. This is great for some people, especially beginners. I've only been brewing since april, so I'm still a beginner myself... but I really like creating something that I can say is "my" beer, not just someone else's wort that I fermented. If I wanted someone else to do all the work for me, I'd do the "brew on premises" thing where I just have to show up to pitch the yeast, and come back later to bottle and take it home.

That being said, I'm still going to brew this kit... and if I like it, I may try another. Sometimes it's nice to do things the lazy way and save a little time.

MitchD73
Favourite Beer: IPA

Post by MitchD73 » 6 years ago

I agree; however if you are ever faced with serious time constraints and still want fresh, high quality beer at a fraction of the cost of commercial then this is always a great option.

Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Post by Mr_Tastyfish » 6 years ago

So my order arrived, and is now vigorously fermenting away. Smells great!