Just getting started out in the world of homebrewing? Ask your questions here!
- Posts: 907
- Joined: |20 Dec 2012|, 22:14
- Favourite Beer: one I am drinking
- Location: Oro Medonte
when oxygenating the wort country air is thinner than city air so you need to aerate longer if you live in the booneys
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...
- Posts: 175
- Joined: |05 Oct 2012|, 17:34
- Favourite Beer: No longer Brewed.
But I thought city air was full of those evil tannins, so you should aerate less.
oro wrote:when oxygenating the wort country air is thinner than city air so you need to aerate longer if you live in the booneys
Favourite beer: The Silver Bullet. The mountains tell you when it's cold enough to drink!
Beer Grains Supply Co
- Posts: 48
- Joined: |20 Mar 2012|, 22:00
- Favourite Beer: Hefeweizen
- Location: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Haha nice post Brent! That pretty much sums it up
- Posts: 384
- Joined: |10 Nov 2012|, 14:55
- Favourite Beer: BEER
- Location: Creston, BC
Now that I'm using clean mountain well water do I need to add chlorine and fluoride to get that "Big City" water taste, or can I just add a little bleach to get the chlorine taste?
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: |02 Jan 2017|, 14:39
- Favourite Beer: Porter
Brent...you just nailed why I am so happy to be back brewing beer.
Wort, prime, yeast repeat.
Take it easy Dude.
- Posts: 1162
- Joined: |30 Jun 2011|, 23:29
- Location: Cochrane, Ontario
Four years later, still brewing, and my old post still makes me laugh to myself!
Northeastern Ontario's own...
Swan Lane Brewery and Winery
- Posts: 701
- Joined: |11 Feb 2011|, 05:11
- Favourite Beer: Cold
- Location: Hamilton, ON
Haha me too. I bring it up often enough when talking to other Brewers. Glad you shared it, and glad to see you post again!
Good to hear you're still brewing, too!
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*
- Posts: 2
- Joined: |07 Mar 2019|, 22:08
- Favourite Beer: Labatt Blue
- Location: Québec
Bookmarked and saved. Thanks for your input.