All grain brew in a bag

Just getting started out in the world of homebrewing? Ask your questions here!
HairBall
Favourite Beer: IPA

All grain brew in a bag

Post by HairBall »

Getting back into brewing, most of my brewing has come from the cheap kits like coopers etc. All grain brewing looks like alot more fun and more rewarding then the can kits. How much of a leap would be to an all grain kit in a bag. I have a 7gal pot, propane burner and thermometer already.
I make my own maple syrup so I understand how important temperatures are.

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Re: All grain brew in a bag

Post by Reignman »

Depends on how much you want to spend, ( doesn't it always? ). I am not sure your pot is big enough because you use all of the water for your batch in the pot. Here is just one example of hundreds on the Internet. You Tube is a great place to see videos of how people are doing biab. I have never done it myself, but have seen how people do it. OBK has lots of kettles for biab, so give them a visit.

www.brewcabin.com/brew-in-a-bag/

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Post by brhenrio »

With a 7 gallon pot you could make a 3 gallon batch, or a 5 gallon if you can set up to sparge (rinse the grains with 170 farenheight water). All you would need is a bag. You would also need to buy malt that has been ground.
In the fermentor: Golden Sour, Not a Pill v2
Tap 1: Puck that Filsner; Berliner Weisse
Tap 2: Not a Pill; Lager
Tap 3: Paddockwood Kolsch
Tap 4:

HairBall
Favourite Beer: IPA

Post by HairBall »

I found an old 50l keg that I'm going to use now, should have lots of room. Anyone know what size bag I should get?