refurbished kegs - new ball lock posts have no hex nuts?

You can't leave your homebrew in primary forever! Let's talk about storage.
comforteagle
Favourite Beer: cold

refurbished kegs - new ball lock posts have no hex nuts?

Post by comforteagle »

I bought some refurbished kegs with converted to ball lock posts. I was going to tear them down for a good cleaning and discovered the posts have no hex nut at all. The entire post is circular right down to the keg top.

Anyone know how to disassemble these? I can only find info on the google regarding posts with hex or posts at least. Nothing about purely circular posts.
Brewing Newb!
Fermentor:
Hawaiian Belgian Blonde Ale (experiment)

Bottles:
Festa Pale Ale
Best Case Honey Brown
Festa Oatmeal Stout

GreatBrewEh

Re: refurbished kegs - new ball lock posts have no hex nuts?

Post by GreatBrewEh »

comforteagle wrote:I bought some refurbished kegs with converted to ball lock posts. I was going to tear them down for a good cleaning and discovered the posts have no hex nut at all. The entire post is circular right down to the keg top.

Anyone know how to disassemble these? I can only find info on the google regarding posts with hex or posts at least. Nothing about purely circular posts.

What you didn't order the "made in china" round wrench to go with it?
"BREW BIG OR GO HOME!

comforteagle
Favourite Beer: cold

Post by comforteagle »

GreatBrewEh wrote:
comforteagle wrote:I bought some refurbished kegs with converted to ball lock posts. I was going to tear them down for a good cleaning and discovered the posts have no hex nut at all. The entire post is circular right down to the keg top.

What you didn't order the "made in china" round wrench to go with it?
touche
Brewing Newb!
Fermentor:
Hawaiian Belgian Blonde Ale (experiment)

Bottles:
Festa Pale Ale
Best Case Honey Brown
Festa Oatmeal Stout

JimmehBrew
Favourite Beer: Bass Pale Ales

Post by JimmehBrew »

Ya might get lucky with one of these ?

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Post by Reignman »

Channel locks pliers? If you do get them off, I would replace them. A lot of times I have to loosen mine and quickly re-tighten them.

Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Post by Venari »

Do they still make those rubber wrenches designed for opening jars and tightening faucets? If the keg handles don't get in the way, you might try those.

http://imagehost.epier.com/25286/rubberwrench2009.jpg
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?