Inertap Leaking

You can't leave your homebrew in primary forever! Let's talk about storage.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Bitters

Inertap Leaking

Post by Reignman » 3 months ago

It has happened twice on me the last 2 months now. Come downstairs to beer on the floor. I have had these taps for around 5 years with no problems at all. Now, they decide to kind of not shut off when they should. I am not sure why though. I am using regular tap handles, not too heavy. This tap does not have a spring loaded shut off which I do regret not buying at the time. I did lose some beer, not a lot as the keg was almost empty. But the smell is god awful. Thank goodness for javex. I can rig something up with an eye hood through my fridge door and an elastic rubber band for now, but spring loaded Intertaps are on my next purchase of beer stuff.

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Re: Inertap Leaking

Post by brhenrio » 3 months ago

I believe there is a way to tighten the handle. I know i had one come loose and almost had a disaster once. I think it is the ring right around the handle. If that is not the cause, I have no idea.
In the fermentor: Golden Sour, Not a Pill v2
Tap 1: Puck that Filsner; Berliner Weisse
Tap 2: Not a Pill; Lager
Tap 3: Paddockwood Kolsch
Tap 4:

Reignman

I checked the ring when I completely took it apart. Not many parts anyway. No matter how much I tighten it, still seems kind of loose. I removed the tap handle and replaced it with those small black ones. Seems better. Maybe the tap handle itself is too heavy? I found my old Perlick and will go back to using it for awhile. Either way, no walking away and leaving it hooked up. I do have to buy 20 lbs. of gas today so no taking any chances.

Reignman

Switched to my Perlick tap. Works fine. I'll take another look at the Intertap some other time.